As fall turns to winter, people with acne-prone skin often see an increase in breakouts. Why is this?
Our Acne Specialists treat hundreds of people with acne-prone skin. Based on our experience, we attribute the fall-to-winter breakouts to two main reasons:
- Change in weather changes hormones and causes dry skin. Unfortunately, there’s not much we can do with the hormonal fluctuations except manage the effects with proper products and treatments.
- Eating and drinking sweet holiday treats. From Halloween candy to pumpkin spice lattes, now’s the time when holiday treats begin. We want you to enjoy your treats, but try eating one fun size Snickers instead of five. 😉
Wearing a high-quality daily moisturizers, like our Hydra Gel, is essential to keeping your skin hydrated during the dry, winter months. When your skin is hydrated, it’s less irritated, which helps to reduce breakouts.
Here are the various moisturizers we recommend at Acne Specialists:
- Ceramide Cream: our most moisturizing and great for post peel treatments.
- Cranberry Matte: 2nd most moisturizing and has a matte finish as well as antibacterial.
- Oil Free Moisturizer: a great light moisturizer for oily skin.
- Hydra Gel: a water based moisturizer with hyaluronic acid which holds a thousand times its weight in water.
Of course, always contact us if you need personalized product recommendations for your skin.
If you are experiencing active breakouts, make time to schedule a facial appointment every couple of weeks.