Do you have acne on your chin, cheeks, or back?
Do you also sleep on your side?
If so, your linens and pillow cases may be causing your acne!
Pore-clogging ingredients found in everyday products cause acne. Obviously, you should check the products you directly apply to your body, like your shampoo & conditioner, make-up, soap, and toothpaste. But you should also check your laundry detergent.
Most commercial laundry detergent brands contain sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS), a common foaming agent and one of the worst acne-causing offenders. Natural detergents may not have SLS, but contain pore-clogging oils.
If you wash your sheets and pillow cases with pore-clogging detergent, your skin will absorb the ingredients while you sleep. This is especially true for side-sleepers and people who have body acne.
Need a new detergent? See below for our top 10 acne-safe laundry detergents.
Top 10 Acne-Safe Laundry Detergents*
- All Free & Clear
- Charlie’s Soap Laundry Powder
- Eco Nuts Natural Laundry Soap
- Dapple Baby Laundry Detergent
- Grab Green 3-in-1 Laundry Pods (vegan)
- Molly Sud’s Laundry Detergent (vegan, gluten-free)
- NaturOli Soap Nuts/Soap Berries
- Nellie’s Laundry Soda Tin
- Planet 2X Ultra Laundry Detergent Free & Clear
- Tide Gentle & Free
*This list is valid as of April 5, 2017. Companies change their ingredients labels without warning, so always double-check the ingredients against our pore-clogging ingredients list!